- Individual applying for a grant should be an outstanding athlete who can easily verify this with his/her record; whereas the organization applying for a grant should be able to verify its contribution to the betterment of sports and athletics via its record.
- The individual or organization should be of amateur standing in the sport for which the grant is requested.
- Priority will be given to individuals and groups with financial need.
- All athletes must meet the academic requirements for athletic participation at their school.
- Priority will be given to post season competition ahead of invited competition or a simple desire to attend cultural exchange.
- Priority will be given to groups sponsoring an event with many teams versus an All Star team in a multi tournament event or a local team in an out of the area competition.
- Qualification by an individual for a trip or an event which will enhance athletic competition will be considered.
The individual or group awarded the grant is asked to report in writing to the Athletic Round Table about the event within 30 days or refund the grant money.